Teaching the application based use of science by setting up science hut
To enable students to learn the application of science, set up a Science Hut as a space to conduct various experiments.
1. Arrive at a plan to build the Science Hut through discussion with school staff members; Gather materials for the Science Hut and involve the students in building it;
2. Prepare a list of experiments to be done throughout the year;
3. Based on the experiments, set up the necessary equipments in the Science Hut;
4. Once the Science Hut has been set up, put up science charts and posters in the Hut. Also, put up newspaper clippings of interesting science news and pictures;
5. Divide students into group and appoint a group leader; 6. Group leader to allocate date and time of experiment to group members;
7. Start conducting scientific activities and experiments at the Science Hut;
8. Enable group leaders to guide their group members to conduct the experiments;
9. Organize activities such as dramas, exhibitions at the Science Hut;
10. Invite villagers to the Science Hut and conduct activities to dispel belief in superstitions; 11. Organize a Science Week and invite parents of students as well as other villagers to attend and view various science exhibits and experiments.