Recipe Competition- Vangi Harifai
The aim of this competition is to direct the families who wish to stay healthy. It has a positive impact on the well being of children, families and the wider community. Such a competition helps:-
- To raise awareness about healthy eating and cooking habits.
- To use of traditional food and traditional methods of cooking.
- To realize that cooking is fun.
- To access healthy food at affordable rates for people who are economically not sound.
- To change the perceptions about techniques that are required to cook healthy food.
Criterion for participation:-
The competition consists of creating a healthy meal which is composed of traditional foods. The meal proposed can be a main meal of the day, a snack or a lunch box, a beverage, accompaniment, dessert etc. There is no deadline of submitting just one recipe. We welcome more entries by a person.
To enter the competition, participants need to submit a short written explanation of why they think their recipe is healthy in terms of traditional value and overall balance of nutrients.
The judges will be judging on the following criteria:
- Balance of meal
- Colour aspects
- Ease of making
Chef se Muqabala
Successful candidates will be invited to a finale where it will be a faceoff between amateur & professional chefs. The catch is to prepare recipes based on the traditional ingredients given and compete with the professionals. There will be prizes for the winner.