How can you help?
You can help us build this resource by joining DMIS. We are looking toward creating a online database of resources and volunteers accessible in times of disaster.
Volunteers would be contacted by respective Disaster Management Authorities of various state governments or NGO's in times of disasters only. The database would be accessible to all, however if the volunteer has chosen not to be accessible to all, his/ her information would not be revealed.
You can help :
- By volunteering your services for the relief and rescue operations at the time
of a disaster.
- By volunteering resources for the relief, rescue and rehabilitation efforts.
- By sharing your experiences, research, publication, databases etc.
- By providing expert advice as to how to deal with this disastrous situation,
sharing your experiences, publications etc
Areas of expertise could be:
In Structural Engineering
Physicians & paramedics
Rescue professionals ............
- By spreading this message all over the world and asking for joining the effort and volunteering services and resources.
- By adopting a village or an activity in disaster hit areas. NGO's, Corporate, trusts, Individuals could adopt villages or can take up an activity in the disaster hit areas. A guideline on how should they go about is reflected in Prof. Anil K. Gupta's talk in the aftermath of earthquake in Gujarat and other parts of India. For details click here
- By extending monetary contributions for SRISTI's various activities in Kutch and further strengthening the DMIS. [SRISTI is a registered organization, Registration No:64030/96 and under Income Tax Section 80g donors will get the benefit.]
Checks payable to "SRISTI A/c â€“ Gujarat Earthquake Relief Fund", Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
Bank - State Bank of India, IIM Branch, Vastrapur, Ahmedabad, India [Branch code 2653]
Local Transfer : A/c no. 11350
International Transfer: Savings Bank A/c No. 11349 Swift Code : SBININBB135
Address for sending contributions:
C/o Prof. Anil K Gupta
Wing -13, Main Complex
Indian Institute of Management
Ahmedabad - 380 015
Phone No: +91 079 27913293, 27912792
Fax No: +91 79 6307341
List of earlier contributors. We shall be publishing the name of all contributors on our website besides the details of the use of amount by NGOs and others to whom this money is sent for effective utilization.
SRISTI would also help your contributions reach the affected people by channeling the same through various NGO's and coordinating with Govt. Agencies