Summer Innovation School 2015
Summer Innovation School has been postponed to 5th June. The new dates are from June 5th to June 25th.
We will be sending you an assignment by May 15, selection would be based on that and the Problem you submit below:-
We are happy to inform you that SRISTI is organising third summer school on inclusive innovation program from June 5th, 2015 to June 25th, 2015. We are inviting enthusiastic young minds who wish to spend their summer break in the process of solving social challenges with possible mass impact in the following fields:
- Developing technological innovation for Eliminating Child Labour
- Innovation pertaining to Healthcare of Women and Children
- Reducing Drudgery for Women and Child through technological intervention
- Developing tools and content related to Educational Innovation for children
- Technological innovations to improve Sanitation for Women and Children
- Designing and prototyping the solutions suggested by children during previous Children Innovation Workshops
- Rapid response for emergency relief in the event of disasters like recent earthquake
Who can participate ?
Students from UG, PG and PhD from across the country; having inclination to solve social challenges through technological innovations in the following disciplines can participate in this programme:
- Applied Science
- Social Science
- Any other related field aligned to the above mentioned problems
SRISTI will bring in mentors and related experts to help participants fine tune their designs and fabricate their solutions. The organiser will bear the cost of field research, prototyping and fabrication of the innovations. SRISTI would like to acknowledge each participant’s successful contribution with a certificate. SRISTI would also like to make the innovation open source so that the people in need can benefit out of them without any restriction. In case of any patent filing for defensive purposes, we will acknowledge the innovator.
A common framework to be replicated across engineering universities and colleges will be developed. The purpose is to involve young students in summer vacations to solve real life social challenges and make sustainable impact. We will publish the best interventions and success stories thorough Honey Bee Network newsletter and Techpedia portal to encourage many more young minds to contribute towards this cause.
See a simple innovation developed last year in summer school to eliminate child labour engaged in sugar cane juice extracting carts by #PurveshDodia and his team on Facebook
Contact us at